2023 NET Summit
Sept. 19-20, 2023
Westin Washington, DC City Center
1400 M Street ● NW Washington, DC 20005
8:30am to 4:00pm Eastern Time both days
Conference Details Below:
Registration fee is $325.00. Due to demand, registration is limited. All non-State Agency personnel must contact CSAVR (firstname.lastname@example.org) for registration.
CSAVR 2023 NET Summit Hotel
Westin Washington DC
1400 M Street
Washington, DC 20005
Hotel Link: Book your group rate for 2023 NET Summit
Day One: NET Members, Business Relations and VR Training Center Staff meet to discuss a number of updates and hold roundtable discussions based on “hot topics” submitted by the team.
NET and Business Relations Update
Breakouts and Roundtable Discussions
The topics will include:
Roundtable Discussions “Hot Topics”
1. Cross Staff Training and Development: How do you build the team within a VR agency to include the career focus upfront? This would include the working relationships at all levels within the organization as well as the VRC – Business Relations Staff and other areas that support CIE outcomes in the dual customer environment – OT, AT, Transition, etc.
2. Business Based Training – disability awareness, demographics, Windmills and other tools. How to best use these tools when working with a business at all levels, particularly in a DEI&A environment.
3. Measuring Outcomes of Business Relations Services – where do we have tools that are being used (e.g. MI), there is uncertainty about WIOA Indicator 6 so how do Business Relations teams define and share their outcomes? This could include reporting on a wide range of services, employment outcomes, customer satisfaction tools, etc. Could this be part of the statewide assessment for the State Plan, what is the involvement of the SRC? How do the measures related to the amendments in the Rehab Act directly related to VR’s work with business?
4. Work Based Learning – the continuum of opportunities, what strategies are being used effectively, consider the wide range of options: volunteer work, internships, externships, OJTs, training center involvement, pre-apprenticeship/apprenticeship options.
5. Transition: early introduction of careers and opportunities to students while they are still in school. What is the connection between Transition Counselors, the schools and the Business Relations team?
6. Second Chance Employment: where do we have partnerships and models that are effective in working with business to build opportunities for individuals with disabilities who are formerly incarcerated?
Day One Evening Reception: Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. Recognizing partners and individuals who have made a difference in promoting a dual customer approach that supports the careers and independence of customers with disabilities.
Day Two: Hearing from our Business Partners, including Federal Agencies – Dual Partnerships that are Effective and Where we Move Together for Future Career Opportunities that Meet the Employment Needs of Business
Sample Listing of the Businesses Invited: CVS Health, Pfizer, Boeing, Walmart, GM (Michigan team), Dell, Microsoft, ACCESS Board, U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Transportation.
Accommodation Requests: The deadline to request accommodations is August 25, 2023. Accommodations must be requested when registering. Accommodations cannot be guaranteed after the cut-off date. If your travel approval is delayed in your agency process, please contact email@example.com and let us know your accommodation needs.
Social Media: By registering for the event, I understand that my photo or likeness may be used on social media activities. If you have questions regarding social media please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.